The Four Day EFT Externship is the most comprehensive and basic level of training and education in EFT, taught by an ICEEFT registered trainer. An Externship includes observation of live interviews, presentations of theory and clinical techniques, skills training exercises, and discussion of specific cases, clinical material and issues.
Who should attend?
The externship is recommended to all professionals who counsel couples, including psychiatrists, psychologists, family physicians, social workers, psychiatric nurses, counselors, pastors and clergy, and students training in these professions.
Participants learn to:
- Identify the basic stages and steps of Emotionally Focused Therapy
- See marital distress from an attachment perspective
- Help couples recognize and deescalate problematic patterns of interaction
- Help couples understand the underlying attachment needs that drive these negative patterns
- Help couples create and restore the emotional bond between them
- Help couples repair attachment injuries, fostering healing within and between the couple
Participants are strongly encouraged to read the 2004 book on EFT - Creating Connections, before coming to the Externship.